Tuesday 26 August 2008

Kitchen Crew ♥

I spent a lot of time in the "Kitchen" (above: a sort of bamboo shelter) helping out with the meals. The amount of work that daily went into cooking for us was immense, think - they get up at 6 (which I did some mornings to help) for breakfast, the plates and that come back, get washed up (mostly the team helped with that, thank goodness) and then they'd be starting lunch. The plates and that come back again to be washed and cleaned while dinner preperation begins. Talk about a lot of work and sacrifice of time. Below is the kitchen "crew", my best mates who I became very close to and shared a lot with, as they did with me.

Juliet: Kampala FH Staff Member, Anna: spoke no English, but understood quite a lot, Me, Vicky: who shared so much with me and taught me a lot as well as translating Anna for me :D and Miriam: amazing dancer and brilliant bright, bubbly personality :D

No comments: