Tuesday 26 August 2008

I Miss Them...


It's the weirdest thing thinking that I may never see them again (on this earth). I miss them so much and looking through the pictures is both nice and hard... It's great to think of the memories, but hard to feel how much I miss being there, waking up to help and see them. Spending time each day getting to know them better, sharing stories, hope for the future...

This is Kenneth Wekesa (Wesley & Linell). He was amazing, spoke practially perfect English and we became such good mates. Miss him :(
He wanted to know everything about me and what England was like, the weather, the towns, the sights etc. What good universities are like and where they are in England. Where I wanted to go, what I wanted to study. He wants to become a social worker, study at the university in Kampala (capital of Uganda). He's doing his GCSEs in ..hey school year is diff to ours) even though he turns 18 in Sept.
He was such a happy guy, with a lovely, friendly, bubbly personality... even though his mom died when he was 5 months old, his dad left and lived with a new wife in a different community a long way from him and he'd grown up with his grandparents.
These people all have stories to tell. Yet they are the happiest, friendliest most welcoming people you'll ever meet.
I was speechless.
Such amazing friendships were built up during the time that I was in Makhai, and though I may not return to see those that I became good friends with such as Kenneth, Miriam, Vicky, Carol and many others, I know that through God's spirit we will remain together in prayer, memories and always on each other's hearts.

No comments: